Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Do I look like my grandfather? Who nose?



I love this photograph of my paternal grandfather, Private James Richard Brown of the 2nd Royal Guernsey Light Infantry, who was discharged from the army on May 6, 1919,  after losing one lung and damaging the other. The photograph was given to me by my late father, Harry Brown, who, as you can see,  inherited the strong nose and determination of his ancestors.



My father had three daughters of his own (no sons, although he longed for an heir) and guess who
inherited the nose....?

Well, you can't have everything. Let's just hope I inherited the determination as well.



5 comments:

Elaineyross said...

Ahhhh but everyone nose that I've also got the nose. I'm quite proud of it in a funny sort of way. I'm curious to see if my new grandchild, due in November, inherits the look. It may well do as the father to be, my son, was born on May 6 1974, the very day his great grandpa left the army some 55 years earlier - strange but true!

Guernsey Girl said...

Which is why I believe in fate - and destiny. Here's to destiny's new child...

Elaineyross said...

Let's just hope the child is in the nose - just like us!

Hannercymraes said...

Hi guernsey girl. I have been lurking around your blog for a while. Thought it was time I said: g'day

Guernsey Girl said...

Lovely to hear from you - I've been lurking around yours, too...