Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Bowled over...

I always knew that Guernsey people were friendly, but top marks go to the Island Bowl at St Sampsons for going that little bit further...

When my daughter, Chloe, and her husband Phil discovered their ferry back to England was delayed by ten hours they were struggling to entertain eighteen-month-old toddler Millie Grace.

Having checked out of their apartment they headed for the bowling alley where staff took pity on their plight.

'As soon as they realised we had nowhere to go,' says Chloe, 'they switched the flat screen tv on to cartoons and told us to make ourselves at home. Nothing was too much trouble. It was great not being pushed out when we'd finished eating and we reckon they all deserve a medal.'

I'd love to think that would happen in England - but somewhow I wonder. Three cheers for Island Bowl...

2 comments:

Elaineyross said...

I remember when Top Rank first opened their bowling alley in Tower Lane, St Peter Port. It was so expensive to play but I was happy to escape from our bickering family and simply stand in the cool and watch!

Guernsey Girl said...

Now your memory must be longer than
Tower Lane...