Search This Blog

Sunday 2 September 2012

Drugs for all...

Photo: ~Book                                                     


Here is something  I think should be posted in every doctor's surgery all over the country, in schools, hospitals, pubs and clubs and anywhere people are searching for something to help them escape from the pressure of their lives...It reminds me of a very old lady who was  featured on television a few years ago during National Book Week. She was sitting in a wheelchair surrounded by novels of all shapes, sizes and genres - with a huge beam spread across her face.  'I might not be able to walk,' she said, 'but I can travel all over the world, swim, ski, ride on the back of a camel and stay up till dawn just by flicking through the pages of a book.' And, of course, she was right.


Maybe we should be able to get them on the NHS?


3 comments:

Linda Mitchelmore said...

Gosh, yes......I couldn't agree more.And I like that book to be paper so I can pass it on when I've read it....:)

Good blog...

Guernsey Girl said...

Thanks, Linda. Did you see Emma Darwin on facebook today saying that we won't be able to pass e-books on to our children? Apparently ownership is lost when you die. How very sad - and another reason to keep promoting hard copies...

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Terrific idea! And so true ~ I am always so sad when I finish a brilliant book. I mourn all the characters! Recommendations are wonderful, oh and book clubs...love them...
Thanks for visiting, yes I think it is (still in summer!)


Sarah -x-